September 30, 2021
National search for dean of College of Health and Human Sciences
The Office of the Provost announces a national search for the next dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences at Kansas State University. The university has engaged the services of Academic Career and Executive Search, an executive search firm, to support the search committee with the process.
The successful candidate must have the experience and vision to inspire, guide and facilitate a strong and diverse faculty in the advancement of high-quality teaching, research, service and extension while providing leadership that assures the integrity, excellence and relevance and success of the college's multifaceted programs for the 21st century. The dean reports directly to the provost and executive vice president and serves as a member of the Deans Council.
The dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences will serve as the chief academic and administrative officer of the college, providing leadership, strategic vision and direction, and support for the college. In addition, the dean provides university leadership to support and promote the academic mission of the university. Specific responsibilities of the dean will include:
- Leading all academic programs in the college.
- Promoting high-quality undergraduate and graduate experiences.
- Building continued excellence and growth in research and outreach and extension programs.
- Supporting effective academic advising.
- Being actively involved in the recruitment and retention of high caliber, diverse students, faculty and staff to the college, as well as promoting equity and a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Working productively with students, faculty, staff, department heads, deans, administrators and the broader community on interdisciplinary and collaborative initiatives.
- Advancing the college's strategic plan/goals and aligning it with university priorities and K-State 2025 goals.
- Advancing the university mission and K-State 2025 strategic plan.
- Providing leadership and a high degree of personal involvement in the fundraising efforts on behalf of the college.
- Maintaining and strengthening strategic relationships with the community, alumni, benefactors and industry.
- Working closely with constituents on issues related to the enhancement of the college and the university.
The full position description, including required qualifications, may be found on the provost's website.
Inquiries, nominations and applications will be treated confidentially. For full consideration, application materials must be received by Nov. 19. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and curriculum vita. Please do not email applications; instead, apply directly at acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyoursd.
Inquires, referrals, nominations and questions should be sent to Jennifer Muller at Jennifer@ACESrch.com or call 860-740-2600.
We anticipate campus interviews taking place in mid-to-late February, with an anticipated appointment beginning later in the spring.