September 14, 2021
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisor offered virtually on Sept. 28 and 30
Submitted by Human Capital Services - Learning and Development
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisor will be offered from 8:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 28, and 8:30-9:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 30, via Zoom. Attendance at both sessions will be required to receive credit for the topic.
This topic is suitable for all academic, professional and support staff with management and/or leadership roles across the university. Participants will understand the importance of a leader who encourages and guides employees, advances teamwork, inspires trust and optimizes results.
The session will help participants:
- Define the role of the supervisor.
- Understand the higher education construct in the state of Kansas and the hierarchy of Kansas State University.
- Differentiate employee types — university support staff, unclassified and faculty.
- Understand the importance of effective onboarding practices.
- Build rapport and trust within a team.
You must be a current supervisor of university support staff or unclassified professionals to attend this session. This session is offered in conjunction with the K-State Supervisory Foundations Pillar I: Establishing Your Supervisory Foundation certificate program, therefore, seating is limited.
To register for this session, please complete the registration form.