July 22, 2021
Search committee appointed for interim associate dean of the Graduate School
The search process for the interim associate dean in the Graduate School is underway. The search committee, chaired by Mary Tolar, director of the Staley School of Leadership Studies, includes the following:
- Christy Craft, interim department chair, special education, counseling, and student affairs.
- Andrew Rys, graduate program coordinator, electrical and computer engineering.
- Peying Fong, graduate program director, anatomy and physiology.
- Chwen Sheu, associate dean for academic programs, College of Business Administration.
- Brad Behnke, associate dean of research and graduate studies, College of Health and Human Sciences, graduate coordinator.
- Jennifer Bormann, graduate program director, animal sciences and industry.
- Carla Martinez Machain, professor of political science.
- Laura Bain, Graduate Student Council-Student Governing Association liaison and doctoral student in food, nutrition, dietetics, and health.
The review of the candidates began July 21 and will continue until the position is filled. An open forum will be scheduled with each finalist. Information will be posted as it becomes available.
The interim associate dean will provide leadership in graduate program assessment and reviews; facilitate new program development and the course and curriculum approval; develop and implement a coordinated data analysis and reporting process; and support the dean in other areas of relevance to graduate education. The interim associate dean will represent the Graduate School on university councils and committees.