May 7, 2021
Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry selects spring 2021 grant awardees
The Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry, or OURCI, has awarded OURCI Research/Creative Activity grants for the spring 2021 semester to the following students. Grants can be used on supplies needed to complete research or creative inquiry experiences or on time spent completing a project. Funds are distributed directly to student researchers.
College of Arts and Sciences
- Gibson Hoefgen, fish, wildlife, conservation and environmental biology; faculty mentor, Jocelyn McDonald.
- Ashley Panagakis, biology; faculty mentor, Kathrin Schrick.
College of Engineering
- Dallas Rice, electrical engineering; faculty mentor, Steve Warren.
College of Health and Human Sciences
- KC Blackgrove, apparel and textiles; faculty mentor, Sherry Haar.
- Brooke Crawford, kinesiology; faculty mentor, Katie Heinrich.
- Hannah Grant, kinesiology; faculty mentor, David Poole.
- Maria Izquierdo, human ecology; faculty mentor, Jennifer Francois.
- Aidan Lewis, kinesiology; faculty mentor, Katie Heinrich.
College of Arts and Sciences and College of Health and Human Sciences
- Claire Richardson, biology and nutrition and health; faculty mentor, Jocelyn McDonald.
Congratulations to the student awardees. Thank you to the faculty mentors who help support students through their undergraduate research experience.
Application deadlines for the fall 2021 OURCI Research/Creative Activity & Travel/Conference grants will be in October 2021. The Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry is committed to supporting all research and creative inquiry experiences. Research and/or creative inquiry is broadly defined to include any faculty-mentored scholarly or creative project or undertaking, whether disciplinary or interdisciplinary, pure or applied, theoretical or practical. All undergraduate students from the Manhattan, Polytechnic and K-State Global campuses in good academic standing and from any major are invited to apply.
View more information about the Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry or the OURCI Research/Creative Inquiry and Travel/Conference grants.