OURCI Grant Application Information
What is Research and Creative Inquiry?
Research and/or creative inquiry is broadly defined to include any faculty-mentored scholarly or creative project or undertaking, whether disciplinary or interdisciplinary, pure or applied, theoretical or practical.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Manhattan, Salina, and K-State’s Global Campus undergraduate students may apply.
- Eligibility is extended to all Kansas State University undergraduate students in good academic standing.
- First-time and previously unfunded applicants are given priority consideration; however, all eligible students are continually invited to apply.
- Students may receive a maximum of two OURCI Grants (Research and/or Travel).
- A student cannot accept two grants, from different K-State offices, in a single semester.
Awards are for a maximum of $1000 per semester.
Application Due Dates:
Spring 2018: November 10, 2017
*SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY: Spark Tank
Spark Tank is an event held during SPARK Week that will give you a chance to pitch your research idea to a panel of judges and receive feedback to strengthen your OURCI Grant application. Two OURCI Grants will be awarded! Click here for more information.
Summer 2018: February 23, 2018
Fall 2018: April 6, 2018
Click for more information about the RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION.
Click for more information about the TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION.
If you experience any problems or have a question about the application, you may contact the staff at the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Anita Cortez at email@example.com.