March 7, 2013
Please advise students about Fake Patty's Day safety
Many of our students will be celebrating Fake Patty's Day on Saturday. As always, their safety is important. I ask you to take a moment to talk with them and encourage them to act safely and responsibly this weekend.
Kansas State University, along with our partners -- the city of Manhattan, the Riley County Police Department and local business owners -- want students to take care of themselves, each other and our community. Most important, we want them to know that all laws will be enforced.
Students are asked to:
- Use SafeRide or walk rather than drive. SafeRide has extended its hours and number of buses.
- Practice the buddy system.
- Drink plenty of water and get enough to eat.
- Call the police if someone needs assistance.
- Encourage others to do the same.
During last year's event, most reports to the police regarded noise and parking. Let's remind our students that Manhattan is a community we all share.
Thank you for helping keep our students safe.