January 28, 2021
Professional development funding opportunity for academic advisors
The Office of the Vice Provost for Student Success is offering academic advisor professional development awards of up to $750 to subsidize participation in advising-related professional activities and/or conferences or meetings during the spring 2021 term. Applications are invited from any faculty or professional advisors at K-State — Manhattan, Polytechnic, Olathe or Global campuses.
These financial awards seek to support attendance at professional conferences to provide advisors with opportunities to further their work, increase their knowledge and skills, network with other professionals, and enhance their experience. In addition, it increases the recognition and reputation of Kansas State University.
The deadline for applications is Feb. 6 for the spring semester.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time or part-time employee at the university serving in some advising capacity.
- Apply to attend professional development activities or a professional conference relevant to his/her field.
- Use the funds to help cover registration, travel, meals and/or accommodations.
To apply for the professional development funds, the following are to be submitted:
- An Application for Funding (PDF).
- A letter of application for the award.
The application documents are to be submitted electronically to the Professional Development Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Feb. 6 if applying during the spring semester. Should you have additional questions you can contact Stephanie Bannister at email@example.com.