December 16, 2020
National search for director of the Office of Institutional Equity/Title IX coordinator
A committee appointed by President Richard Myers has begun a national search for the director of Office of Institutional Equity/Title IX coordinator.
The director of the Office of Institutional Equity, or OIE, and Title IX coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing diversity and/or equal opportunity compliance programs that help the K-State community understand individual differences and develop an open and inclusive environment. OIE is responsible for investigating all matters pertaining to discrimination, harassment, retaliation and sexual misconduct. The director is responsible for overseeing the investigation and comprehensive campus-wide efforts to reduce discrimination and harassment in all forms.
The director also plans and implements a viable affirmative action program for the university and monitors policies, programs, and procedures to ensure Equal Employment Opportunity compliance and a continued commitment to diversity; and serves as a Title IX coordinator.
"This position plays an important role in overseeing the university's performance and compliance in critical areas regarding diversity, equal opportunity, sexual harassment and sexual assault," Myers said. "The search committee members represent areas of the university that interact closely with the Office of Institutional Equity, and I look forward to their input and recommendations on candidates as they move through the search process."
The following are search committee members:
- Linda Cook, chief of staff and director of community relations, chair.
- Bryan Samuel, chief diversity and inclusion officer.
- Brandon Haddock, student services coordinator, LGBT Resource Center.
- Emily Lehning, special assistant to the provost.
- Charlotte Self, director of employee relations and engagement.
- Kristin Waller, associate athletics director — Student-Athlete Services and deputy Title IX coordinator.
- Clara Kientz, assistant director, Center for Advocacy, Response and Education.
- Michelle Toews, associate dean for research and scholarship, College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Ryan VanDusen, Clery compliance and youth protection coordinator.
- Erin Good, associate general counsel.
Lindsey Fouquette, executive recruitment manager for Human Capital Services, is serving as the executive recruiter.
Learn more about the role. The search committee will accept applications until Jan. 22, 2021.