December 10, 2020
An update on the Student Success Collaborative Navigate system and a thank you
Dear K-State Community,
As the fall 2020 semester comes to a close, I write to share progress on one of our key strategic enrollment management priorities — expanding our student care network through deployment of the Student Success Collaborative, or SSC, Navigate system. Two Engagement Teams have been working on implementing the Smart Guidance student-facing features of SSC-Navigate.
The Content and Communication team has been developing K-State content for a mobile application designed to inform, support and guide new students as they become Wildcats. This tool will be available in April for new students with plans to expand the scope to include continuing students in the fall. The mobile app will help students navigate the onboarding process, provide access to resources and SSC-Navigate appointment scheduling, enable short polls to gather information directly from students, help students connect with study partners and improve the overall student experience. This team will also recommend strategies to promote student adoption and use of this student success tool.
The following people are serving on the Content and Communication (mobile app) Engagement Team:
- Stacey Bailey, assistant director, International Student & Scholar Services.
- Lydia Barnhart, assistant director, Office of Recruitment and Admissions.
- Kelly Briggs, academic advisor, College of Education.
- Kevin Cook, associate director, Departmental Initiatives, Housing and Dining Services.
- Allison DuLac, academic coach, Academic Achievement Center.
- Olga Heim, director of student services, Carl R. Ice College of Engineering.
- Maria Izquierdo, sophomore, College of Health and Human Sciences, Nutritional Science major (pre-medicine). Spanish translation and gerontology minors.
- Tanya McGee, associate director, Student Financial Assistance.
- Jared Meitler, senior associate director, Career Center.
- Kimberly Ramacciotti, director of student services, K-State Olathe.
- Kathy Sanders, assistant registrar, K-State Polytechnic.
- Lynn Waugh, graduate program coordinator, College of Business Administration.
- R.J. Youngblood, assistant director, Academic Achievement Center.
The Academic Planning Engagement Team has been working on identifying pilot undergraduate degree programs for this interactive planning tool and building the degree templates that students and academic advisors will use together. Continuing students in these pilot areas will be introduced to Academic Plans in March 2021. Academic plans will guide students as they plan for degree completion by providing clarity about degree requirements and course sequences. This tool will help students plan for multiple semesters into the future.
The following people are serving on the Academic Planning Engagement Team:
- Brad Cunningham, academic advisor, College of Business Administration, SSC-Navigate Applications Administrator.
- Pamela Erickson, director of student success and advising.
- Mitzi Farmer, academic advisor/graduate program coordinator/ACUE Fellow, Alan Levin Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering.
- Terri Gaeddert, associate dean for academics and student success, K-State Polytechnic.
- Lisa Last, director of academic services and academic advisor, College of Architecture, Planning & Design.
- Dan Moser, associate dean, College of Agriculture
- Diane Murphy, assistant director and licensing office, College of Education.
- Rob Pettay, undergraduate program coordinator and advising coordinator, kinesiology department.
- Charlotte Pfaff, associate registrar.
- Alison Wheatley, assistant dean of students, College of Arts and Sciences.
Both teams have the expert guidance of Ashley Wondra, project manager, ITS. Thank you to everyone on these teams. I appreciate the time and talent you are contributing to this important work designed to provide all students with tools to enhance their K-State educational experience.
Jeannie Brown Leonard
Vice Provost for Student Success