October 2, 2020
Enroll in 2021 health insurance coverage by Oct. 31
October is open enrollment for health and voluntary insurances through the State Employee Health Plan. All benefit-eligible employees who currently have coverage must enroll in health coverage by the Oct. 31 deadline or will be defaulted into Plan N with a Health Reimbursement Account, or HRA, for 2021 coverage. If you waived coverage in 2020 and would like to continue to waive coverage for 2021, no action is needed.
Human Capital Services and the State Employee Health Plan websites provide detailed information regarding the health insurance plan designs and tools are available to help you make your insurance election. Ask Alex is a helpful tool to assist you in making or verifying your decision for 2021.
The State Employee Health Plan website also provides an open enrollment webinar and from each vendor. This website is designed to help answer your detailed questions about specific benefits.
Enroll in the State Employee Health Plan by following the below instructions.
- Log in to HRIS.
- Navigate to Employee Self Service.
- Select Benefits.
- Select Health Insurance Enrollment.
- You may need to reenter your eID and password.
- Select Kansas State University from the dropdown box.
- Once logged in to the MAP portal, Add Family Member, if applicable.
- Load supporting documents, if applicable.
- Select Enrollments and Events, then Launch Enrollment.
- Make your health insurance selections for coverage.
- Review and select the "I have read and agree ..." statement checkbox.
- Select Continue.
- You must print a copy of your health insurance coverage selections for your records (Ctrl+P).
- Log out of the MAP portal.
Enrollment must be complete by Oct. 31 to choose coverage effective Jan. 1, 2021.
Questions? Refer to the resources above. Your benefits team is also available to help. Contact the team at email@example.com.