August 27, 2020
State Employee Health Plan benefits related to COVID-19 effective until Sept. 30
The following State Employee Health Plan benefits related to COVID-19 are effective until Sept. 30. Additional updates will be provided when available.
- The State Employee Health Plan, or SEHP, will cover medically necessary diagnostic tests that are consistent with CDC guidance related to COVID-19 at no cost share to the member where it is not covered as part of the Public Health Service response.
- The SEHP will allow early refills on 30 or 90-day prescription medications and/or allow members to use their mail order benefit.
- Given the nature of the COVID-19 outbreak, seeking in-person medical care has the potential to further spread the virus. The SEHP partners with Aetna and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas to provide Telehealth services with a virtual doctor’s office. There is 24/7/365 access to this service. The member cost share will be waived for any Telehealth service.
- The HealthQuest Health Center, available to members enrolled in the health plan, is located at 901 S. Kansas Ave., Topeka
- Phone screening is recommended before going to the center: 785-783-4080
- If a patient visits the clinic, they will put on a mask and clean their hands with hand sanitizer. The health center staff will evaluate the patient’s symptoms and recommend they isolate if the initial findings and/or symptoms present are a positive indicator for the virus.
- COVID-19 testing is available at the HealthQuest Health Center for state of Kansas employees. Curbside testing will be available at the center by appointment only. https://my.marathon-health.com/