August 6, 2020
University requests updated reawakening plans
In early May, the Executive Reawakening Team announced the university's reawakening plan that presented a phased approach with universitywide criteria that aligned with federal, state, local and CDC requirements and guidance. Over the summer, departments and units submitted specific operational area plans to account for individual differences across the university. Unit and department leaders submitted plans for review to ensure they addressed the universitywide criteria and accounted for any operational and logistical issues with returning to campus.
As the beginning of the fall semester nears, there is a need to update the operational area plans based on current guidance and the introduction of more students, faculty and staff to our campuses. The new and revised guidance is available on the K-State COVID-19 website.
Unit and department leaders are not required to submit updated plans for review; however, we strongly encourage you to update the plans to ensure they promote the university's top priority throughout this unprecedented situation: preserving the health and safety of K-State's university community and host communities.
When updating plans, department and unit leaders are encouraged to keep in mind the five guiding principles that have supported the university's plan:
- Preserve the health and safety of K-State's university community and our host communities.
- Maintain and deliver our land-grant mission through teaching, research and extension/outreach.
- Preserve and maintain university operations necessary to support mission-critical activities during reduced operations status.
- Preserve the financial capacity of the university to deliver mission-critical activities for the long-term fiscal health of the university.
- Honor K-State's unique culture. Students, faculty and staff are at the heart of this university.
Thank you for your tireless work and attention to the details that will support the health and wellness of our students, faculty, staff, visitors, and communities. Please contact me with questions at email@example.com.
Stay safe and be well!
Assistant vice president, university risk and compliance officer