Framework for Reawakening K-State
The Executive Reawakening Team has developed a university reopening plan to keep K-State communities safe in the wake of COVID-19. The plan is a phased approach with universitywide criteria that aligns with national and local requirements and guidance. Each department and unit submitted specific operational area plans to account for individual differences across the university.
Reopening phaseout: Effective Aug. 1, 2021.
- Preserve the health and safety of our university community and our host communities.
- Maintain and deliver our land-grant mission through teaching, research and extension/outreach.
- Preserve and maintain university operations necessary to support mission-critical activities during reduced operations status.
- Preserve financial capacity of the university to deliver mission-critical activities for the long-term fiscal health of the university.
- Honor K-State's unique culture. Students, faculty and staff are at the heart of this university.