COVID-19 | Summary of updates
The university's priority throughout this evolving situation will always be to protect the health and safety of everyone at K-State and in our communities.
K-State's Executive Leadership Group continues to meet and make recommendations for university operations adjustments as needed.
The most up-to-date information will be posted below. Please continue to check back for updates.
- First steps to address budget shortfalls due to the pandemic include voluntary salary reductions by administrators, a hiring freeze and targeted emergency furloughs.
- The university is recommending all individuals coming to campus take the COVID-19 safety training and wear face masks while on campus.
- The limit on face-to-face events has been extended through July 31. The university is forming a special work group to begin the development of a phased-in plan for the resumption of in-person activities, including classes, research and events.
- Remote teaching and learning will continue for summer school 2020. FAQ for students and faculty/staff are available.
Weekly summaries of the university's changes are published in K-State Today.
- May 11-15 changes
- May 3-8 changes
- April 25-May 2 changes
- April 18-24 changes
- April 13-17 changes.
- Changes prior to April 10.
For a complete list of university news, read K-State Today for faculty and staff, K-State Today Student Edition and K-State Today Special Issue for news sent in the middle of the day or over the weekend.