December 6, 2012
Many locations available to students to study for finals
Several buildings on campus are offering extended hours and accommodations for students to study for finals. Here are some of the facilities that will be open to all students:
• K-State Alumni Center. The Alumni Center is open for students from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. this week and during finals week, with the extended hours of 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Dec. 10-12. Wildcats Forever members can get free snacks at the center during finals week.
• The Ecumenical Campus Ministry, or ECM, building. At 1021 Denison Ave., the building will be open 24 hours a day through finals week for any student who needs a place to study. Snacks and drinks will be available daily, while supplies last.
• Hale Library. Expanded hours at Hale Library began this week, with the library open 24 hours a day now until 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14. Go to http://www.lib.k-state.edu/hale-hours to find out more and when librarians will be available, and check out http://www.lib.k-state.edu/event/caffeine-fix to find out when free snacks, coffee, tea and more are being served at Hale.
• K-State Student Union. The Union will be open 24 hours a day Sunday, Dec. 9, through Thursday, Dec. 13. Free coffee will be available starting at 11 p.m. Dec. 9, and a free candy buffet will start at 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10, and be available while supplies last.
• Leadership Studies Building. For the first time, the building will be open 24 hours a day during finals week. The building will open at 9 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, and close at 6 p.m., Friday, Dec. 14. First floor classrooms and second-floor study nooks will be available to students looking for a place to study.