January 17, 2020
National search for general counsel
A committee appointed by President Myers has begun a national search for the general counsel.
The general counsel serves as the university's chief legal officer and is responsible for managing the provision of all legal services to the university, including legal counseling and advice to prevent and solve problems, as well as vigorous representation in matters that enter litigation or other dispute resolution arenas. The general counsel is responsible for leading the Office of General Counsel and its team of attorneys and paralegals, as well as overseeing outside counsel for the university. The general counsel serves as a member of the President's Cabinet and reports directly to the president.
Search committee members are:
- Jay Stephens, vice president of human capital services, chair
- Charles Taber, provost and executive vice president
- Cindy Bontrager, vice president and chief operating officer
- Linda Cook, chief of staff and director of community relations
- Peter Dorhout, vice president for research and professor
- Tanya González, professor and faculty senate president
- Kevin Gwinner, Edgerley Family dean of the college of business administration
- Thomas Lane, vice president of student life and dean of students
- Bryan Samuel, chief diversity and inclusion officer
- Jill Shields, deputy athletic director
- Alysia Starkey, CEO and dean of Kansas State University Polytechnic
Lindsey Fouquette, executive recruitment manager for Human Capital Services, is serving as the executive recruiter.
To learn more about this role visit careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/508672/. The search committee will accept applications until Feb. 14.