June 25, 2019
Provost Taber names Susan Cooper interim registrar, appoints search committee for permanent registrar
Susan Cooper, associate registrar, has been appointed interim registrar of Kansas State University while a national search is conducted for a permanent registrar.
The appointment was made by Charles Taber, provost and executive vice president, and takes effect June 30. Cooper will report to Emily Lehning, interim vice provost for enrollment management. Cooper replaces Monty Nielsen, who is retiring at the end of the month.
"As a longtime member of the Office of the Registrar, I know Susan's leadership and experience will be invaluable as the office undergoes a transition as part of our strategic enrollment management process," Taber said. "Susan will serve as a key member of the enrollment management leadership team and help lay a foundation for the success of our SEM initiatives."
Cooper joined the administrative staff in the Office of the Registrar in 1997 as assistant to the registrar and was promoted to associate registrar in 2010. She is a member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers and the Kansas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, where she has served as chair of the membership committee, listserv manager, co-chair of the local arrangements committee and records/registration advocate-at-large. Her university service includes serving as chair of the DARS — Degree Audit Reporting System — Work Team and a member of the following committees: Academic Policy and Procedure; Academic Records, Processes and Systems; 25Live; and Admissions, Registrar's and Athletic Compliance.
Cooper earned a bachelor's degree from Washington State University and a master's degree from K-State.
To aid in the search for the next registrar, the university will work with Academic Career & Executive Search. Chairing the search committee will be Lehning and Brian Niehoff, associate vice provost for institutional effectiveness. The anticipated start date of the new registrar will be in November. Additional details regarding the national search will be forthcoming.
Search committee members for the new registrar include the following:
• Emily Lehning, co-chair, interim vice provost for enrollment management, Enrollment Management
• Brian Niehoff, co-chair, associate provost for institutional effectiveness, Office of the Provost
• Stephanie Bannister, assistant vice provost and director of education and personal development, Student Success
• Nicholas Brown, assistant director and operations manager, Office of Undergraduate Admissions
• Rob Caffey, special assistant to the CIO, Information Technology Services
• Bronwyn Fees, professor and associate dean for academic affairs, College of Health and Human Sciences
• Andrew Fund, assistant dean for student services, Carl R. Ice College of Engineering
• Vickey Grochowski, student systems support services manager, Office of the Registrar
• Brenee King, KS-LSAMP program coordinator, Student Success
• Maleah Lundeen, assistant director of recruitment, K-State Global Campus
• Gerald Mashange, graduate student in agricultural economics
• Barbara Nagel, assistant registrar, Office of the Registrar
• Jansen Penny, senior in industrial engineering, Carl R. Ice College of Engineering
• Jackie Spears, interim dean and CEO, K-State Olathe
• Loleta Sump, director of facilities customer service, Division of Facilities
• Richard Zajac, professor in the School of Integrated Studies, Kansas State Polytechnic