October 11, 2012
Aistrup to serve as associate dean for academic affairs for the College of Arts and Sciences
Submitted by Communications and Marketing
Peter Dorhout, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, announced Wednesday that Joseph Aistrup will serve as the college's associate dean for academic affairs.
Aistrup is currently interim associate dean for the college, serving in the position since January 2009.
"Joe's excellent leadership skills, knowledge of the many complex processes of the college and its departments, and his thoughtful communication style made him the best match for this position," Dorhout said. "I hope you will take the time to congratulate Joe on this appointment. Thank you to everyone who participated in the search process for our new associate dean."
Aistrup will be responsible for:
- curriculum planning and development;
- program review;
- summer school coordination;
- interfacing with the Division of Continuing Education;
- budget planning;
- working with the Dorhout on reappointment and evaluation of department heads,
- faculty evaluations and promotion and tenure evaluations;
- relations with the K-State Foundation, with an active role in fundraising;
- faculty affirmative action issues;
- serving on appropriate committees;
- oversight of the alumni magazine and college communications;
- and representing the college in my place as the occasion may require.
Prior to serving in the dean's office, Aistrup was the head of the department of political science from 2002 through 2008. He also led the college as interim dean from July-December 2011.