April 18, 2019
Undergraduate journal publishes second edition
The second edition of Live Ideas: Undergraduate Primary Texts Journal was published on Monday, April 15. It includes artwork, poetry, short essays, a longer article and a couple interviews. You can view the journal by going to the archives page or view a PDF version.
The following is list of the students and their published works:
- Dene Dryden, senior in English, published "How to Work from Home," a reflective essay.
- Kelsey Hoines, senior in fine arts, published her oil paining "Shower Thoughts."
- Nay Joshua, junior in fine arts, published his poems "Playdough" and "Nightmares."
- Olivia Madderom, senior in anthropology and communication studies, published "Commodity Fetishism and Digital Pornography," a short essay.
- Macy Davis, senior in English, published her poetic collection "Building a Literary Home," which included three poems: "Dear Jo," "The Learning Experience of Boys," and "'Welcome to Our Home,' $10 Admittance."
- Jacob Mikuls, senior in finance, published "The Battle of Trenton," an article.
- Also included in the second edition were two interviews:
- "Author Spotlight: Suan Sonna" — Conducted and edited by Jakob Hanschu.
- "Artist Spotlight: Rachel Hermes" _ Conducted and edited by Mawi Sonna.
Note: The submission deadline is rolling. Submit your work today to get published.