December 13, 2018
Performance review reminder
The annual performance review cycle is coming to a close, and by Jan. 31 supervisors of university support staff employees will need to complete the performance reviews for all their direct reports.
The following are the next steps a supervisor should take to ensure that they complete the performance reviews correctly:
- Prepare for final review session by pulling together and reviewing information.
- Assign a rating to each SMART objective and competency. Also rate dependability and K-State values. Supervisor signs and dates "end of review discussion" signature block.
- Send review to reviewer for comment and/or signature and date in "end of review discussion" signature block.
- Set date for end of review discussion with employee. Give advanced notice so that employee can prepare for the discussion.
- Conduct end of review discussion with employee. Employee signs and dates "end of review discussion" signature block.
Contact Employee Relations and Engagement for assistance or with questions.