April 24, 2018
Highlights from the April 10 Faculty Senate meeting
Guest: Provost April Mason visited with senators regarding budget modernization, spring enrollment numbers, and Huron Consultant progress.
Standing committee and Student Senate reports:
- Academic Affairs: Colleges continue to put forward changes to their curricula to reduce them to 120 hours, a sub-committee was created to further discuss K-State 8 tags, and they are discussing the appropriate approval process for departments to use in order to offer half credit hours within existing variable credit hour classes.
- Faculty Affairs: Proposed revisions to University Handbook, Section E (Sabbatical Leave) and Appendix O (Integrity in Research and Scholarly Activity) had a first reading. There will be other handbook revisions coming forward in May as well.
- Professional Staff Affairs: An academic advising career ladder was presented to senators for their information and feedback.
- Student Senate: The transition in student senate leadership will occur on April 10th. Information was shared about tuition and fees proposals that are being reviewed.
- Technology (FSCOT): The annual Data Access report was presented, but will be discussed during the May meeting. Two-factor authentication is being tested by a few pilot groups and results will be shared when available. Classroom clicker systems were discussed.
- University Planning (FSCOUP): The City/University Fund proposal is moving forward for this year. The three senate groups are working on a revised process for future proposals. FSCOUP also is reviewing Section B95 of the University Handbook related to CCOPs.
- President Lindshield provided a written report regarding the March KBOR meeting.
- Faculty Senate election result were shared.
- The annual Faculty and Professional Staff Retiree Ceremony will be held at 4 pm on April 17th in the Alumni Center.
Open discussion period
- There were no discussion items.
Faculty Senate President
Food, Nutrition, Dietetics, and Health
Kansas State University
208 Justin Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506