November 16, 2017
Cats' Cupboard Thanksgiving hours and community meals
Cats' Cupboard, K-State's food pantry, will be open Sunday, Nov. 19, through Wednesday, Nov. 22, for students during the Thanksgiving break. The hours will remain the same for Sunday-Tuesday and will close at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 22. Cats' Cupboard will reopen at noon Monday, Nov. 27.
We encourage students to utilize the Common Table community meals and the Flint Hills Breadbasket Thanksgiving meal.
Common Table is a breakfast and supper meal program in Manhattan that provides meals six days a week throughout the community. The following is a complete list; the meal on the Thursday, Nov. 23, at First Lutheran will be as scheduled:
- *Sundays 6-7 p.m. First Congregational Church, 700 Poyntz Ave.
- *Tuesdays 7-8:30 a.m. St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 601 Poyntz Ave.
- Tuesdays 6-7 p.m. First Presbyterian Church, 801 Leavenworth St.
- Wednesdays 7:30-8:15 a.m. First Presbyterian Church, 801 Leavenworth St.
- *Wednesdays 6-7 p.m. First United Methodist Church, 612 Poyntz Ave.
- Thursdays 6-7 p.m. First Lutheran Church 930 Poyntz Ave.
- Fridays 7-9 a.m. St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 601 Poyntz Ave.
- Fridays 6-7 p.m. First Lutheran Church, 930 Poyntz Ave.
- Saturdays 6-7 p.m. First United Methodist Church, 612 Poyntz Ave.
*Sack Lunch Available
The Manhattan Community Thanksgiving Dinner will be 11 a.m. to 2 p.m Thursday, Nov. 23, at at Old Chicago, 2001 Clock Tower Place. The free dinner is for any and all in the community. Sit alongside your family and friends as we celebrate the season of giving. For more information, call 785-537-0730.
Staff at the Cats' Cupboard wishes everyone an enjoyable holiday and a relaxing break.