November 8, 2017
AAUW upcoming grant application information
One of the world's largest sources of funding for graduate women, the American Association of University Women, or AAUW, provides nearly $4 million in funding each year to women scholars and community projects that benefit women and girls.
The following fellowships and grants are accepting applications:
• AAUW American Fellowships — application deadline Nov. 15. Who may apply: Women pursing full-time study to complete dissertations, conducting postdoctoral research full time, or preparing research for publication for eight consecutive weeks. Funding: $6,000-$30,000.
• AAUW International Fellowships for women graduate students and postdocs — application deadline is Dec. 1. Who may apply: Women pursing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Funding: $18,000-$30,000.
• AAUW Career Development Grants — application deadline Dec. 15. Who may apply: Women pursing a certificate or degree to advance their careers, change careers, or re-enter the workforce and whose bachelor’s degree was received at least five years before the award period. Funding: $2,000-$12,000.
• AAUW Selected Professions Fellowships — application deadline: Jan. 10, 2018. Who may apply: Women pursing full-time study in a master’s or professional degree program in which women are underrepresented, including STEM, law, business and medicine. Funding: $5,000-$18,000.
• AAUW Community Action Grants — application deadline Jan. 15, 2018. Who may apply: Individuals, AAUW branches and states, and nonprofit organizations to fund innovative programs or non degree research projects that promote education and equity for women and girls. Funding: One–year grant, $2,000-$7,000; two-year grant: $5,000-$10,000.
Read more about AAUW's grants and fellowships, or email email@example.com with questions.
Visit the AAUW Manhattan Branch website or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about monthly meetings, programs and membership benefits.