October 6, 2017
Nominations open: Commerce Bank Presidential Awards for Diversity
Nominations are open for the Commerce Bank Presidential Faculty and Staff Award for Distinguished Service to Historically Underrepresented Students and the Student Award for Distinguished Services to Enhancing Multiculturalism at K-State.
The nomination and application forms are available now. The nomination deadline is 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 30.
The Faculty and Staff Award, established in 1978, recognizes an outstanding individual’s contributions to the development of quality education for historically underrepresented students at Kansas State University. Nominees may be a faculty or staff member, an alumnus, or a friend of the university. The William T. Kemper Foundation through the Commerce Bank sponsors this $2,500 award.
The Student Award, established in the spring of 1997, recognizes an outstanding student's contributions to diversity enhancement within the student sector. The William T. Kemper Foundation through the Commerce Bank sponsors this $1,000 award.
Commerce Bank Presidential Awards Selections committee members include:
- Trisha Gott, assistant director for service learning, School of Leadership Studies
- Patricia Hudgins, associate director, Career Center
- Rebeca Paz, manager, Academic Student Services
- Kay Ann Taylor, associate professor, Curriculum and Instruction
- Spencer Wood, associate professor, Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work
- Spencer Clark, assistant professor, Curriculum and Instruction
- Savannah Rattanavong, president, Asian American Student Union
- Darrell Reese, president, Black Student Union
- Paloma Roman, president, Hispanic American Leadership Organization
- Tonja Wright, president, Native American Student Association
Both award recipients will be celebrated at the Commerce Bank Awards reception on Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018 during the university’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Observance Week. The faculty/staff award recipient will be recognized at spring commencement.
For more information, contact Caitlyn Wells, selection committee staff support, at email@example.com or 785-532-6276 or Provost April Mason, selection committee chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-6224.