January 26, 2017
Natural Resources and Environmental Science Seminar Series speakers announced for spring 2017 semester
The natural resources and environmental science secondary major announces the schedule for the spring 2017 NRES Seminar Series. K-State faculty researchers from a variety of departments will discuss topics ranging from the role of artists in understanding climate change, the tallgrass prairie, environmental issues in the production and consumption of apparel, geomorphology, and geospatial technologies in environmental research.
- Feb. 2: Jennifer Vellenga, associate director of theatre in K-State's School of Music, Theatre, and Dance.
- Feb. 9: John Briggs, Division of Biology and director of the Konza Prairie Biological Station.
- Feb. 16: Abigail Langston, geography department.
- Feb. 28: Kim Hiller, apparel, textiles, and design department.
- March 7: Douglas Goodin, geography department.
Unless otherwise noted, all presentations will begin at 11:30 a.m. in 328 Waters Hall. Those interested in attending should refer to K-State Today or the NRES website for presentation titles and any last minute venue changes.
Undergraduate students interested in natural resources, environmental science and sustainability issues are especially encouraged to attend. The natural resources and environmental science secondary major and its seminar series are supported by the Office of the Provost, College of Agriculture, College of Arts and Sciences and the biological and agricultural engineering department.