August 21, 2015
Updates on road openings and closures
Submitted by Communications and Marketing
Construction is moving quickly on new buildings and roads at Kansas State University's Manhattan campus. Below are the streets on campus that will open by Monday, Aug. 24.
• South Mid-Campus Drive, including the new roundabout east of the K-State Student Union. Traffic may now enter and exit in both the east and west entrances of the K-State parking garage. The Anderson Hall parking lot also will open.
• The intersection at Campus Creek Road and Petticoat Lane will open; exit on Campus Creek Road and enter on Petticoat Lane.
• The 17th Street pedestrian mall opens to pedestrians and cyclists, but closes to daily vehicular traffic other than service, scheduled campus delivery and emergency vehicles.
The following road closures remain in effect:
• The intersection of Mid-Campus Drive and Claflin Road. It is scheduled to open by Sep. 4 for eastbound and westbound traffic.
• The 17th Street roundabout construction between the K-State Student Union and the K-State parking garage is closed for construction until mid-October. For safety, please do not use areas around the parking garage — west entrance on 17th Street or east entrance on South Mid-Campus Drive — for drop-offs or pick-ups. There are drop-off zones on either side of Bosco Plaza.
• Lovers Lane connection to North Manhattan Avenue remains closed for construction on the new College of Business Administration and campus road realignment as well as city sewer line upgrades. This area remains closed until mid-November.
Updates and more information about campus construction can be found on the Division of Facilities website and by following the hashtag #BuildKState.