April 20, 2015
President Schulz participates in Big 12 Forum today
Submitted by Communications and Marketing
President Schulz is participating today in the Big 12 Conference's third "State of College Athletics" Forum to further examine issues facing college athletics. The forum, at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., continues the discussion from the two previous 2014 events.
The third "State of College Athletics" is made up of two forums. The first of the two forums, "The Voice of Those Impacted by Reform" features student-athletes discussing the issues facing college sports and offering their opinions. The second forum, "Where Do We Go From Here?" takes a broad look at college sports today and its future. This forum will feature respected authorities from intercollegiate athletics, university leadership and sports journalism representing a diverse range of opinions and perspectives.
"The Voice of Those Impacted by Reform" forum
- Sune Agbuke – Baylor University
- Ty Darlington – University of Oklahoma
- Kyven Gadson – Iowa State University
- Rachel Scott – University of Texas at Austin
"Where Do We Go From Here?" forum
- Jay Bilas – ESPN
- Bob Bowlsby – Commissioner, Big 12 Conference
- Charles Davis – FOX Sports
- Doug Gottlieb – CBS Sports
- Lisa Salters – ESPN
- Kirk Schulz – President of Kansas State University and Chair of the NCAA Board of Governors
- Gary Williams – Former Men's Basketball Coach
You can watch the forum live beginning at 1 p.m., while President Schulz's segment will begin at approximately 2:45 p.m. Read more information on the forum.