February 4, 2015
Call for nominations for Putting Students First Award for Outstanding Service to Students
The Putting Students First Award for Outstanding Service to Students, presented by the Division of Student Life, recognizes one full-time faculty member and one full-time staff member who has had a major influence on the lives of K-State students over a number of years. The award evaluation is based on a nomination and support documentation of at least two years of service. The staff member must be employed in the Division of Student Life.
The award will be presented to the faculty member and staff member who exemplify the following characteristics:
- A commitment to students, as demonstrated through engaging teaching and involvement with and service to students.
- A commitment to the well-being of students, demonstrated through interacting with students and/or providing outstanding service for students.
- A unique quality of care for fairness, as demonstrated through fair and ethical treatment of students.
- A demonstration of going that extra mile, shown through service to students above and beyond the call of duty.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. Monday, March 2. To nominate, please include the following materials:
- Nomination form
- One letter of nomination, including how this individual specifically meets the criteria for this award.
- Resume and documentation of nominee's work with students.
- A letter of support from a current K-State student or recent graduate. If a student is the nominator, the letter of support should come from the nominee's department head.
No self-nominations will be accepted and previous winners will not be considered. Read a list of former winners.