January 20, 2015
Introduction to Supervision training starts Feb. 5
Introduction to Supervision, coordinated by Learning and Development in Human Capital Services, starts Feb. 5 and provides new supervisors with practical leadership skills and an increased awareness of university policies and procedures.
Supervisors of university support staff employees are invited to attend, including faculty and professional staff who supervise university support staff employees. This program is mandated by Kansas State University for all university support staff supervisory personnel who must complete the program within the first six months of the original appointment in order to be granted "permanent" status.
A series of topics are covered:
- Respect in the workplace for supervisors.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and selecting.
- Sexual harassment awareness for supervisors.
- Benefits and authorizing leave.
- Writing position descriptions.
- Conflict management, difficult conversations and critical incident response.
- Evaluating university support staff work performance and coaching.
- Discipline and absenteeism.
Participants may register for Introduction to Supervision through HRIS Self_Enrollment or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, department, employee ID number, course title, and the course number WTD077.