October 15, 2014
'NVivo 10 Advanced' training slated for Oct. 24
"NVivo 10 Advanced" is a follow-up presentation from the "NVivo 10 Basic" offered last month. This training will be from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 24, in 301 Hale Library.
This presentation will address the following:
- questions from the basic introduction of NVivo
- the basics of NVivo 10 — its interface, ingesting multimedia files, and coding data and a review from NVivo Basic.
- how to query the collected data in an NVivo project — word frequency counts, text searches, matrix coding queries, and others
- how to create data visualizations — word trees, word clouds, dendrograms, ring lattice graphs, and others for analysis and presentations
- how to conduct both types of auto-coding by structured data and by machine learning, and
- how to output a basic report.
This will be an interactive session. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops. The room will be open for this event starting at 1 p.m. All are welcome. The presenter will be using the Windows version of the software. No RSVP is required. If there are any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 785-532-5262.
There will be one additional training in NVivo this fall semester, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 21, in 301 Hale Library. This is "Using NVivo 10 to Tap Social Media Streams" and will focus on data extraction from Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
The NVivo 10 site license at K-State is for NVivo 10 software for both Windows and Mac systems for all faculty, administrators, staff and graduate students. This license allows two downloads and installs per individual. The software and the activating license key may be accessed with a current eID and password.
QSR International offers video tutorials and both free and for-pay events. Those who have already started using NVivo may want to refer to "Using NVivo: An Unofficial and Unauthorized Primer," which is an e-book built on the Scalar platform that highlights various features of the tool. This is an evolving e-book.