Faculty Development Award and University Small Research Grant proposals

The Office of Research Development manages Faculty Development Awards, or FDA, and University Small Research Grants, known as USRG, for Kansas State University for tenured or tenure-track faculty who are interested in receiving assistance in their scholarly activities and professional development. Faculty must have at least some percentage of their appointment devoted to research to be eligible.

Please make an appointment with the Office of Research Development to learn more about the program. Contact ord@k-state.edu or 785-532-6195.

Faculty Development Awards

The Faculty Development Awards, or FDA, program provides support for travel to international meetings — primarily at international locations — or to meet with program officers from potential external sponsors.

Download FDA FAQs and instructions (PDF)


University Small Research Grants

The University Small Research Grants, or USRG, program is a seed grant program to support early research, scholarly activity, and other creative efforts. Download USRG FAQs and instructions (PDF)


FDA and USRG recipient report form

Use the form to report being a recipient of an award or a grant.