Withdrawal After the Start of the Semester
It is important that prior to withdrawal from all classes that you look at the academic calendar for withdrawal and refund deadlines. In addition, there are a number of items to consider before withdrawing.
- Dropping all of your classes requires you to contact your academic dean's office who will discuss the process and notify the Office of the Registrar if a withdrawal request has been approved.
- Graduate students should contact the Graduate School.
University Handbook, F64.1-64.7
All drop deadlines are calculated based on the number of calendar days in the class. The following policies apply:
- A student may drop a class prior to 33% of the class duration without a grade being recorded on the student's transcript.
- If a student drops after 33% but before 62% of the class duration, a grade of W will be issued.
- No drops will be accepted after 62% of the course duration.
Failure to drop or withdraw a class may result in a failing grade.
Re-enrolling for the Next Semester
If you drop or withdraw on the first day of class or after, you will be assigned an enrollment appointment time for next semester. If you wish to return to the K-State log on to your KSIS Student Portal before main enrollment (mid-March for Summer/Fall enrollment; mid-October for Spring enrollment) to view your appointment time.