Create YOUR Education Financial Plan
Much like meeting with your academic advisor to plan a successful program of study to meet your life goals, meeting with a peer financial counselor can help you develop a financial plan to optimize your financial success during and after college.
Meet with us before your first semester to begin creating your education financial plan and continue each semester with a follow up session to monitor your financial progress. Let us help you create YOUR personal financial plan so that upon graduating you will understand your financial situation and education loans and can transition into your career successfully. There are many options for funding your education that can help reduce the amount of student loan debt when you graduate.
A peer financial counselor can help you create YOUR eduation financial plan with the following steps:
- Step One: Determine your cost of attendance and create your personal spending plan (xls)
- Use the new Kansas DegreeStats tool created by the Kansas Board of Regents to review cost and earnings data from real graduates for each undergraduate degree program offered at a public university in Kansas.
- Step Two: Assess your financial opportunities and options for scholarships, grants, savings, graduate assistantships, part-time work, work-study, gifts, or lastly loans
- Step Three: If considering loans, determine an appropriate amount with loan repayment calculators then our loan repayment worksheet (xls)
- Step Four: Create your education financial plan with the assistance of your peer financial counselor using our customized financial plan worksheets available on this webpage (at right toolbar).
- Step Five: Review your education financial plan each academic period with your peer financial counselor and make any necessary adjustments
Have more questions about creating your financial plan? If you need assistance will this topic or any others, schedule a FREE and confidential appointment with Powercat Financial today!