Campus Services


Multiple food options are available at the K-State Union: Food Court, Bluemont Room, The Cat’s Den, Qdoba, Panda Express, Just Salad, Union Station by JP's and the Subway sandwich shop in the Recreation Center/Bowling Alley.

There are other options within various campus buildings including: The Snack Bar on the first floor at Hale Library in the 24-hour study area, and Radina's Coffeehouse in the College of Engineering and the Student Leadership building.

The Dairy Bar in Call Hall sells ice cream, malts, sandwiches, and such take-home items as milk, eggs, butter, cheese, and meat (Cuts of beef, pork, and lamb are available). Contact 532-1292.

Food vending machines are located in many campus buildings. "The Bakery" sells baked goods in the lower level lobby of the Derby Dining Center.

Bakery goods, flour, cracked wheat cereal, bran, and other grain items are available Wednesdays in Shellenberger Hall. Times and dates are advertised in the Collegian.


There are three childcare facilities on the K-State campus. These are popular facilities, so make arrangements early.

K-State Child Development Center

Located at Jardine Apartments (1948 Jardine Drive, L-9) accepts children from one year and walking to 12 years old. It is open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This Center offers "childship" scholarships to student families. It is licensed for 197 children, 532-3700.

Hoeflin Stone House Child Care Center

Located on North Manhattan Avenue on the northeast side of campus, it is licensed for 12 children, one and a half to three years of age, and 18 children, three to five years of age, 537-0713. It is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

A list of other child care centers, and licensed and registered day care homes, is available from the Non-Traditional Student Services office, Flint Hills Child Care Resource and Referral Agency, 1-800-227-3578 or 532-7197, or from the Riley County Health Department at 776-4779.

Housing (On campus)

Campus housing includes rooms in residence halls and 640 apartments in the Jardine Apartments in the northwest part of the campus, 532-3790. Jardine Apartments provides living space for students who are at least 25 years old or graduate students or student families. Some single older students live in Van Zile residence hall. Most rooms in the halls are double occupancy, but singles are available.

On-campus overnight accommodations and/or guest housing is occasionally available. It is best to call in advance, 532-6453.

Housing (Off Campus)

There are off-campus rental units available at varying prices. There are long waiting lists for public housing. The Manhattan Housing Authority is located at 300 N. 5th Street, 785-776-8588. If you qualify you may want to try for one of these units. Non-Traditional Student Services has information about rental units. Also, consult Off-Campus Housing Support in Holton Hall.

Postal Services

The Central Mail Service in Dykstra Hall sells stamps, money orders, and other postal supplies; weighs, insures and registers mail and receives outgoing mail. A self-service postal unit is located on the lower level of the K-State Union. You can weigh packages, buy stamps, and mail your letters and small packages any time the Union is open.

Copying Services

With the use of coins and Wildcat photo ID cards, photocopying machines are located in Hale Library, in many of the branch libraries on campus, as well as in some campus buildings. The Copy Center at the K-State Union has 10 computers with laser printing capabilities to use for a fee. IBM typewriters are available for student use at no charge. The Copy Center sells a selection of quality stationery and matching envelopes for resumes and letters of application. Several of the colleges also have their own copy centers. Please check with your department office for the locations.


Some of the campus buildings have "Campus or Local Call Only" telephones (i.e. K-State Union, Chester Peter Recreational Complex). You may make local calls from these phones at no cost. Pay phones are available in several buildings (i.e. Justin Hall, Bluemont Hall, Hale Library).

Campus Safety (Wildcat Walk escort service)

The University Campus has emergency telephones on poles with blue lights on the top. They are part of the campus security plan and the phones are connected to the University Police Office. They may be used to summon immediate help in case of personal assault, fire, or other emergencies. At night, K-State students can escort you to campus locations within a six-block radius. Call 395-SAFE, 395-7233.

Computer Accounts(e-ID)

All K-State students and employees have a free K-State electronic ID on the central computing system. It allows access to e-mail, the campus WiFi, file space for class work and projects, and a personal web page. There is an expectation for ethical and courteous behavior in the use of these computing resources.

Learn more about your K-State eID and password.

Computer Labs

University computing labs are available 24 hours a day at various locations on campus. The labs may be freely used by students and employees. Labs provide campus wireless internet service for laptop access to many programming languages and software programs, including e-mail, Internet/web access, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, statistical analysis, file transfer, and multimedia creation. These labs may be reserved at times for classroom use, so check the schedule posted on the door.

Kansas State Collegian

The student newspaper is published daily during the fall and spring semesters and only on Wednesdays during the summer session. This is the source for campus information related to club and organization meetings, campus activities, and other happenings related to the University. You can get the newspaper at Kedzie Hall and Student Publications. Other locations include Hale Library, the K-State Union, and many classroom building sites. You may also view the Collegian online at or call 785-370-6355.

Royal Purple

The student yearbook comes out in the spring of each year. It contains memorable pictures of the past years' campus life and group pictures of most clubs and organizations on campus. Contact the Royal Purple at 103 Kedzie Hall, 532-6557, for more information or to purchase a copy.

Items for sale or rent

A message board to assist students who want to buy or sell articles or need special information is located in the K-State Student Union. The K-State Collegian also has a classified ad section. Call 785-370-6355.


If you commute, you may need a place to store items during the day. Lockers are available in the following buildings:

K-State Union (Recreation Facility)

K-State Union also has lockers that can be rented. For a locker, there is a $10 deposit for the key and $7.75 for fall/spring rentals and $4.75 for summer rentals.

Chester Peters Recreation Complex

Free coin-operated lockers and daily use lockers -- you provide the lock or you may rent a locker annually or by the semester in the locker rooms.

Justin Hall

Small clothing lockers in Justin Hall are available for Human Ecology majors only. Check at 119 Justin.

Housing and Dining Services at K-State

  • Cornerstone Coffee & Bakery — located at Jardine Apartments and Wefald Hall — serves coffee and espresso, made-from-scratch baked goods, Call Hall milkshakes and more.
  • Our five Quik Cats locations offer students the same goods as a general convenience store, including drinks, snacks and personal care items.
  • A student favorite, The Bakery provides quick access to freshly baked goods such as breads, muffins, cookies and their famous Rice Krispies Treats.
  • Overtime Grill at Kramer Dining Center offers a selection of burgers, pizza, sandwiches and more to curb your after-hours cravings.
  • JP's Sports Grill at Jardine Apartments is a great place to get a gourmet burger, beer-battered fries, salads, pizzas, wraps and sandwiches. A selection of beers and cocktails is also available.

Lost and Found

Lost and found services are located at the Union Business Office, (Student Union, Room 311) the University Police, and within departments or college offices.

Check Cashing

Your K-State ID card is required to cash a personal check at the Commerce Bank in the Union. There is a .75 fee for cashing checks and a limit of $25 if you are not a customer of Commerce Bank.


All ATM machines are located on the lower floor of the K-State Union.

Wildcat Card

The Wildcat Card is your official university photo ID. It can be used for access/entry, as a calling card, vending machine, printing, library usage, debit account, and meal debit plan. The card can be used to purchase books, school supplies, food, bowling, movie tickets, and more in the K-State Union and additional selected campus locations for food and drinks.