BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN DIGITAL INNOVATION IN MEDIA
Training for a Digital Future
Greater digital savvy. Increased business acumen. More versatile human and team-centered workplace competencies. That’s what industry demands.
The Bachelor of Science in Digital Innovation in Media (DIGIN) was created through the collaboration of experts in the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration and Engineering and the Sunderland Foundation Innovation Lab who designed a fully blended approach to training in entrepreneurship, computing and media. You will earn two credentials and two certifications in the four-year program:
- a bachelor’s degree;
- minor in entrepreneurship and innovation;
- certificate in computer science; and
- certificate in digital engagement.
A Strong Core
The program draws on a rigorous combination of theory, analysis and hands-on digital work while fostering collaboration on developing original ideas in digital engagement, computer science and entrepreneurship.
- Develop a digital mindset that explores innovations in media; establishes an active curiosity about how technology and humans co-exist; and embraces the tools and techniques that advance digital discovery.
- Create content that connects people, communities and publics through mobile, social and the spectrum of digital platforms.
- Discover new strategies for mobile marketing, digital branding, SEO/SEM, virtual events, email marketing, content marketing and social marketing.
- Design and code software that brings robots and games to life; and protects networks and data.
- Explore how to automate technology processes and unify apps and data across clouds.
- Understand how to use artificial intelligence to design and personalize interactions for an organization’s employees, customers and partners.
- Understand the entrepreneurial process, from idea generation, minimizing risks, to launch your own business or social venture.
- Research and analyze potential markets that would enhance value and profitability.
- Identify and acquire the resources needed to create and implement a new venture.