The U.S. Department of Education defines eligibility criteria.
Potential Scholars must be
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- An individual earning their first bachelor's degree
- An undergraduate at Kansas State University with at least
- 30 credit hours
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- A first-generation and income limited college student or a member of an underrepresented group in graduate education
An individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150% of the poverty level amount.
First Generation (First-gen)
An individual whose parents and/or guardians have not completed a four-year (bachelor's) degree.
An individual who identifies as one (or more) of the following racial and ethnic groups
- Black (non-Hispanic)
- American Indian
- Alaskan Native*
- Native Hawaiian*
- Native American Pacific Islander*
Terms with * are subject to specific federal definitions. Please consult staff for eligibility.