Mike Finnegan, Ph.D.
We are all teachers, leaders and learners. I love connecting and building relationships with people. If we don't take the time to learn about peoples hopes, dreams and aspirations ... how can we make learning relevant toward their goal attainment? What excites me about my work is that my role allows me to be a teacher, coach and mentor. My promise to all of my students is, "I'll know your name and I'll ask you what it is that makes your heart beat?"
- LEAD 195: Strengths Cat Community
- LEAD 212: Introduction to Leadership Concepts
- LEAD 450: Senior Seminar
- K-State's campus lead for the CliftonStrengths for Students initiative
- First-Year Advocate Award, 2019
- Presidential Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2018
- Mortar Board Outstanding Faculty and Staff Recognition, 2018
- Rost Outstanding Faculty and Staff Award, Staley School Ambassadors, 2009
- Randolph Pride Committee
I welcome and celebrate students! I'm the high-five guy responsible for student recruitment (Staley School's Enrollment Management Team) and student recognition (Staley School's Student Affairs Committee).
- Ph.D. in higher education administration, Kansas State University
- M.S. in college student personnel administration, University of Central Missouri
- B.S. in criminology and geography, Kansas State University
More about me
Every morning before work I feed our horses, I love to introduce others to hunting and volunteer my time to help people and communities thrive.