Mary Kay Siefers, Ph.D.
Teaching professor, global food systems leadership program director
Empathy | Adaptability | Positivity | Woo | Includer
Campus office: 256 Leadership Studies Building
I’m passionate about designing transformational experiences that result in significant enough changes in students that both they and others recognize. I create learning communities that value each member’s experiences and life stories so that students can discuss pertinent leadership issues and learn from one another.
- LEAD/GENAG 225: Fundamentals of Global Food Systems Leadership
- LEAD/GENAG 325: Uncertainty in Global Food Systems Leadership
- LEAD/GENAG 425: Global Food Systems Leadership in Action
- LEAD 350: Culture and Context in Leadership
- LEAD 450: Senior Seminar in Leadership
I direct K-State's global food system leadership secondary major, challenging undergraduate students to make positive change on global problems facing food and agriculture.
- Ph.D. in animal science, Kansas State University
- M.S. in animal science, Kansas State University
- B.S. in secondary education, Kansas State University
More about me
I love spending time with my family, especially watching and photographing young family members participating in their 4-H, music, sports, theater and school activities.