Computing Lab Policies
- All federal, state, and K-State IT policies must be observed when using lab facilities. K-State's Information Technology Usage Policy covers appropriate use and examples of prohibited use.
- Food and drink is discouraged in the labs. Spill-proof containers only, please.
- Only K-State students, faculty, and staff may use the computer equipment in the labs. Users may be asked to show a valid K-State ID as proof of enrollment and/or employment status.
- Children under 18 are not allowed in the labs unless accompanied by a parent/guardian or enrolled at K-State.
- Recreational computing -- including game-playing, Web browsing, and Internet chat -- must not interfere with or disrupt academic use. Use of the computers for academic purposes (classes or homework) has priority over recreational computing.
- Requests to add software in the labs should follow the guidelines in the software addition policy.
- The first violation of a lab policy may result in a one-week suspension from using the facilities. Subsequent violations may result in the suspension of the eID for an extended period, as well as further university sanctions based on the violation.