GTA/GRA/GA Health Insurance Information Guidelines
- Eligibility for the GRA/GTA/GA insurance is determined at the beginning of each semester. For each of the fall and spring semesters, the student must be appointed as a .5 GTA/GRA/GA (or any combination of the three to equal .5) for a minimum of eight consecutive workweeks during that semester. For the summer session, the student must be appointed as a .5 GTA/GRA/GA (or any combination of the three to equal .5) for a minimum of four consecutive workweeks from June 1 through July 31. These guidelines include international students.
When to enroll
- Fall semester: August 1 to October 1
- Spring semester: January 1 to March 1
- Summer semester: June 1 to July 1
- If eligible, coverage will begin on the 1st of the month of open enrollment provided you enroll and are appointed during the open enrollment period.
- It is the student's responsibility to enroll during the open enrollment periods. No reminder notice is sent out. Coverage and refunds of the automatic insurance fee can be delayed significantly if the enrollment is delayed.
- Additional details at http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/health/gradhealth.html
The Enrollment Process
- Complete an online enrollment form. For information on accessing the online enrollment for the GTA/GRA/GA health insurance, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/health/gradhealth.html.
- Human Resources will verify that you meet all eligibility requirements and approve your coverage with UHCSR.
- NOTE: This process may take as long as 2-4 weeks to complete.
- Once approval is given in the UHCSR system, you will receive an email from UHCSR with payment instructions on how to make payment. This email is sent to the address you included on your application. Be sure to check your SPAM and Junk folders. This payment link is only active for 5 days.
- You will only receive the payment link after Human Capital Services (HCS) has approved your application to confirm that you still have your appointment.
- If you do not receive the payment link within 2 weeks of submitting the online application, you should contact the HCS Liaison in your department to make sure all you paperwork has been updated and sent to Human Capital Services. If it has, then you can contact email@example.com to inquire about the approval
Information specific to International Students with an F1 or J1 visa
- We will work closely with the HCS and UHCSR office about the removal of the insurance fee from your KSIS account PROVIDED you meet eligibility requirements and have made payment for the insurance. You do not have to submit the waiver form.
- If you have made payment for your health insurance, but the charge remains on your KSIS account for more than 30 days, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
It is your responsibility to enroll in the GTA/GRA/GA health insurance in a timely manner.
GTA/GRA health insurance enrollment is managed by Human Capital Services. Please contact them for any GTA/GRA/GA health insurance coverage questions. ISSS can not help you with enrolling or paying for GTA/GRA health insurance.
Kansas State University
103 Edwards Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-4801