Policies clarify the university’s expectations, reduce risk, and support compliance with laws and regulations.
Guidance and Procedures
Guidance and procedures provide information and direction to complex situations, questions and processes relating to faculty and staff.
- HCS Guidance and Procedures: Collaborative effort in HCS to provide guidance and procedures on complex HRIS, hiring and benefit processes.
- Department/Unit Head Manual: The Department Head's Manual is designed as a resource to assist deans and department/unit heads who have administrative responsibility for faculty and staff.
- Employee Privacy Notice and Request for Consent: This Privacy Statement and Request for Consent describes the practices of Kansas State University ("Kansas State," "K-State," "We," or "Us"), a United States-based educational institution, with information relating to you ("Personal Information").
- FOP Agreement: The current Memorandum of Agreement between Kansas State University and the Fraternal Order of Police for the KSU PD is effective March 27, 2018.
- KAPE Memorandum of Agreement: The current Memorandum of Agreement between Kansas State University and the Kansas Association of Public Employees for the service and maintenance unit is effective May 18, 2021.
- Laws and Regulations: Information on labor and employment law including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA), Fair labor Standards Act (FLSA) and more.
- Official Bulletin Board: Kansas and federal law requires state agencies to designate and maintain official bulletin boards for the display of relevant, current administrative and personnel information of interest to employees. Such boards are to be in areas easily and regularly accessible to all employees.
- Remote Work: As remote work and partially remote work (also called “hybrid”) practices have become mainstream due to the COVID-19 pandemic, remote work is now more fully integrated into the University’s long term workforce approach. Informtion, guidance and proceedures are provided to help campus leaders navigate the nuances surrounding remote work ensuring both university and employee success.
- Statement of Substantial Interest: A Statement of Substantial Interest form must be completed upon appointment and annually between April 15th and April 30th, for individuals who meet the requirements under the 'Who Files' section of the Governmental Ethics Commission SSI Instruction & Guide.
- University Handbook: Provides a description of K-State and the role of K-Stater's in the university community's activities. Content is considered standard policy by the faculty and unclassified professionals and administration.
- USS Handbook (pdf): Also provides a description of K-State and the role of USS employees in the university community. Information specific to USS employees is also included such as pay, benefits, longevity bonuses, leaves, work schedules, etc.
Labor Condition Applications (LCA)
- Notice of LCA Filings (eID required): The Department of Labor requires employers to notify its workforce of its intention to hire an H-1B worker.