Make an appointment
New to the Career Center? Working on a class or K-State 360 assignment? Please utilize Daytime Drop-ins for your first visits, K-State 360 participation or class assignments (unless otherwise instructed).
All other Career Center appointments must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
Ways to Make an Appointment
Appointments can be scheduled with your career advisor for an in-person meeting in the Berney Family Welcome Center, a telephone consultation or a video session.
- Online: Log in to Handshake. Click the "Career Center" drop-down menu, then select "Appointments."
- In person: Students can stop by the Career Center in the Berney Family Welcome Center. Parking is available across 17th Street in the parking garage.
- Phone: If you are unable to schedule online or stop by in person, please call 785-532-6506.
Types of Appointments
When making your appointment, please specify which type of appointment you would like to schedule. If you aren't sure or if you want to address multiple topics, you may schedule additional appointments after meeting with your advisor.
- Career exploration
- Career assessment for class assignment or follow-up
- Resume or cover letter critique
- CV critique
- Other applicant documents
- Job or internship search
- Mock interview
Mock interviews may be scheduled with a career advisor. Availability may be limited prior to career fairs and application deadlines. Mock interview clinics and specialty events are held throughout the year and posted to the Career Center events calendar. Use Big Interview to practice interviewing online 24/7.