Make an appointment
New to the Career Center? Working on an assignment? Consider Ten-Minute Virtual Tune Ups for your first visits or class assignments (unless otherwise instructed). All other Career Center appointments must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. We look forward to meeting you!
Appointment medium choices may be in-person, virtual or phone depending on the advisor.
Ways to Make an Appointment
Appointments can be scheduled with your career advisor.
- Online: Log in to Handshake. Click the "Career Center" drop-down menu, then select "Appointments."
- Phone: If you are unable to schedule online, please call 785-532-6506.
Types of Appointments
When making your appointment, please specify which type of appointment you would like to schedule. If you aren't sure or if you want to address multiple topics, you may schedule additional appointments after meeting with your advisor.
- Career exploration
- Career assessment for class assignment or follow-up
- Resume or cover letter critique
- CV critique
- Other applicant documents
- Job or internship search
- Mock interview
- Career Closet
Mock interviews may be scheduled with a career advisor. Availability may be limited prior to career fairs and application deadlines. Mock interview clinics and specialty events are held throughout the year and posted to the Career Center events calendar. Use Big Interview to practice interviewing online 24/7.