Information on victim/survivors’ rights and options
- Crisis intervention and safety planning
- Support without judgment
- Assistance with academic support
- Accompaniment to court or law enforcement
- Notification of criminal justice events/status updates (VINE)
- Assistance with legal advocacy
- Assistance with protection orders
- Information on policy and resources
- Mental health assistance
- Referrals and reporting options
What to expect at the first meeting
The CARE advocates are here to support you and listen. During the first appointment you will be asked to fill out a short intake form which will provide advocates brief information about the services you need. You will not be required to retell the story of the violence you have experienced. You may share as much as feels comfortable for you. First sessions with an advocate typically last between 30-60 minutes. Depending on your needs, a follow-up meeting may be scheduled or an advocate will provide you referrals to campus or community resources that will be helpful.
To make an appointment with a confidential advocate, please call (785) 532-6444, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by Holton Hall 206.