How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically via the KSU Graduate School application page. If you have general questions about graduate study at KSU, please contact the KSU Graduate School. If you have questions about the graduate admission procedure in the Division of Biology, please contact us or see the FAQ.
Office of Graduate Studies
116 Ackert Hall
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506-4901
The following materials are needed by the application deadline (December 15th for Fall admission, August 1st for Spring admission). All of the materials should be submitted electronically via the KSU Graduate School application page.
- A graduate school application form, completed online
- Statement of aims and objectives (see guidelines tab on the left)
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online (provide the names and contact information for these individuals in the online application; they will be contacted directly by email and asked to submit their letters online)
- Official transcripts
- A $50 application fee ($75 for international students)
Note: The Division of Biology recently dropped the GRE as an application requirement to our program. If you’ve taken this exam and would like to submit scores, however, they will be reviewed by the admissions committee. You may upload a PDF report of your GRE scores or have them submitted by the testing agency (the institution code for KSU is R6334; the departmental code for the Division of Biology is 0203).
Additional requirements for students who are not US citizens or permanent residents:
- Affidavit of Financial Support: This document is required by our graduate school, but is actually not relevant for applications to our program, since we offer full financial support to all who are admitted, and we don't admit anyone whom we cannot support. So please just read and sign the first part of this document, and ignore the rest
- Evidence of English language proficiency is required by the KSU Graduate School. Additional information about appropriate tests and test scores can be found here. NOTE: The KSU Biology program requires a higher score on the following:
TOEFL Internet Based Score - 100 (needs a score of 22 on the Speak Test)
TOEFL Computer Based Score - 250
TOEFL Paper Based Score - 600
IELTS - 7.0 (only good for 2 years)