Foundations of Outcomes Assessment
This short 3-video set provides foundational undertsandings necessary for an effective student learning assessment process. It will be beneficial for faculty, staff, assessment coordinators, and program/unit leaders.
- Video #1: Why Assess? (7 min.)
- Video #2: Designing Learning Outcomes and your Assessment Structure(14 min.)
- Video #3: Measurement, Data Collection and Reporting(10 min.)
For faculty, staff, or program coordinators wanting to streamline the data collection process, our training sessions will cover the assessment features of Canvas. Using these features can make assessment data collection efficient and easy for faculty and programs. Data collected from canvas can also be displayed in a dashboard.
Please see our videos on our YouTube channel for additional assistance.
Qualtrics, a survey tool available to all K-State faculty and staff, has many uses for assessment. The video linked above details several ways Qualtrics can facilitate direct and indirect assessment across a variety of situations, including:
- Gathering data from internships
- Transitioning evaluation processes from paper forms to electronic means
- Facilitating project and dissertation defense processes
For additional information or assistance in setting up Qualtrics to meet your assessment needs, contact the Office of Assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org.