New website available to students seeking information about learning remotely
As Kansas State University has made the transition to offering all in-person classes remotely for the remainder of the semester, the university has developed a new web resource to guide students as they adjust to learning at a distance.
The Keep Learning website has practical information about what students can expect with remote instruction, technology support, how to make the most of this format that is new to many students and much more.
Starting March 23rd, all courses will be hosted online utilizing Canvas, Zoom, email or other learning management systems (LMS).
- An LMS is an online platform where you can access your course content.
All course elements will be delivered at a distance, typically online (i.e. discussions, assignments, activities, etc.).
- Most faculty will use Canvas, K-State’s learning management system (LMS).
- Check your K-State email account and Canvas for information from your instructors, including an updated syllabus.
Things may feel out of control and you may be experiencing a lot of unknowns and disruptions. Try to be patient with yourself, your classmates and your instructors during this time. Make sure to take care of your well-being. Take a deep breath and focus on what you can control.
View student checklists to help prepare for remote learning.
COVID-19 university updates
Sites of Interest at Kansas State University:
- College of Arts and Science
- Office of Diversity
- Arts & Sciences Diversity
- LGBT Resource Center
- Kansas State Collegian
- DOW Center for Multicultural and Community Studies
- The Tilford Group
Sites of Interest to Ethnic Studies Scholars:
- National Association for Ethnic Studies
- Critical Ethnic Studies Association
- American Studies Association
- National Association for Chicana and Chicano Studies
- Mujeres Activas en Letras y Cambio Social
- Latina/o Studies Association
- Association for Jotería Arts, Activism and Scholarship
- Society for the Study of Gloria Anzaldúa
- Association for Asian American Studies
- Arab American Studies Association
- Critical Refugee Studies
- Native American and Indigenous Studies Association
- National Association of African American Studies and Affiliates
- Haskell Indian Nations University
- Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- GIS Map of Indigenous Land and Tribes
- Library of Congress
- U.S. Bureau of the Census
- Amnesty International
- Part-time Job Information for Students
- Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Student Governing Association
- Student Access Center
- Student Legal Services
- Grants and Scholarships for African-Americans
- Scholarship Guide for Asian and Pacific Islander Students
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity, Inc.
- Office of Pre-Law Advising
- Health Career Advising
- Doctoral Program Resources for Minority Students
- Immigration & Travel Ban FAQs (PDF)
- LGBTQ Guide to Fair Housing
- Arts & Sciences Faculty Resources
- University Handbook Table of Contents
- Library Contacts and Subject Specialists
- Institutional Review Board
- Faculty Development Awards and Small Research Grants
- Big 12 Faculty Fellowship Program
- Departmental Annual Evaluation; Promotion and Tenure Guidelines
- Mid-Tenure Review Document
- Black Faculty and Staff Alliance
- LGBTQ* Faculty and Staff Alliance
- Indigenous Alliance
- Women of K-State
- Travel Request Form
- Travel Expense Report Form