Graduate certificate

Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies offers a graduate certificate that can be pursued independently or by students who are enrolled in any graduate program at K-State or at other universities.

How to Apply

If you are currently enrolled as a graduate student at KSU, contact the Social Transformation Studies Department - GWSS Graduate Certificate Director at 785-532-5738 or

If you are applying for the graduate certificate without being enrolled in another KSU graduate degree program, complete the Graduate School Application.


Graduate certificate work consists of completing 12 hours of graduate-level courses.

I. Required course: GWSS 810, "Theories and Methodologies." This semester-long class must be taken at KSU's Manhattan campus; it is offered annually in the Spring semester.

II. Electives: Three courses at the 600-level or above, either offered directly through Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies (i.e. having a GWSS prefix), or approved as cross-listed electives from other departments.

Graduate Courses

See classes in the university catalog