Dates and deadlines
Admission and general university scholarships and awards
Apply for admission as soon as possible, as your admission application will trigger an automatic review of your eligibility for general university scholarships/awards. Full scholarship/award consideration is given to applicants who apply by the priority date. Applications are still accepted after the priority date, but scholarship/award offers are then only made pending the availability of unawarded funds.
- Dec. 1: Priority date for incoming freshmen and spring transfer students
- Feb. 1: Priority date for incoming fall transfer and summer and fall international students
- Nov. 1: Priority date for spring international students
Selective admission priority date
- Feb. 1 is the priority application date for:
- College of Architecture, Planning & Design programs
- Carl R. Ice College of Engineering programs domestic students only
- The wildlife and outdoor enterprise management program in the College of Agriculture
- The interior design program in the College of Health and Human Sciences
Financial aid and additional scholarships
- Apply for federal student aid and find out if you qualify for grants, loans and work-study programs with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA. K-State's federal code for the FAFSA is 001928.
- Dec. 1: Priority deadline for incoming freshmen and fall and summer transfer students
- Nov. 1: Priority deadline for spring transfer students
- March 15 is the priority deadline to create and submit your K-State Scholarship Network (KSN) profile and application. KSN is a portal that connects you to scholarship opportunities that are in additional to the general university scholarships/awards triggered off of your application for admission.
- After being admitted to K-State, you may choose to complete the residence hall interest form, which becomes available September 15 each year. This form is not required but offers students who are admitted prior to the contract opening the opportunity to pre-populate some key information.
- The housing contract is required for on-campus living. You will complete this contract using the Housing and Dining Services Resident Portal.
- While there are no specific deadlines, contract completion (a first-come, first-served basis) will determine room availability.
- The housing contract opens in December for fall residents and in October for new spring residents.
Visit Housing and Dining Services to get started!
Orientation and Enrollment for admitted students
Watch your email for updates on when your Orientation and Enrollment registration opportunities will open!
- Domestic freshman students may attend in June or August.
- Domestic transfer students
- Fall and summer – Select from dates in April, June or August
- Spring – Select a date in November or January
- International students will attend upon arrival to campus in August and January.