Dates and deadlines to know
Admission and general university scholarships/awards
Apply for admission as soon as possible, as your admission application will trigger an automatic review of your eligibility for general university scholarships/awards. Full scholarship/award consideration is given to applicants who apply by the priority date. Applications are still accepted after the priority date, but scholarship/award offers are then only made pending the availability of unawarded funds.
- Dec. 1: Priority date for incoming freshmen and spring transfer students
- Feb. 1: Priority date for incoming fall transfer students
Selective admission program deadline
- Feb. 1 is the application deadline for:
- College of Architecture, Planning & Design programs
- The wildlife and outdoor enterprise management program in the College of Agriculture
- The interior design and athletic training education programs in the College of Health and Human Sciences
Financial aid and additional scholarships
- Dec. 1 is the priority deadline to apply for federal student aid. Find out if you qualify for grants, loans and work-study programs with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA. K-State's federal code for the FAFSA is 001928.
- Feb. 15 is the priority deadline to create and submit your K-State Scholarship Network (KSN) profile and application. KSN is a portal that connects you to scholarship opportunities that are in additional to the general university scholarships/awards triggered off of your application for admission.
- After being admitted to K-State, you may choose to complete the residence hall interest form, which becomes available in September each year. This form is not required but offers students who are admitted prior to the contract opening the opportunity to pre-populate some key information.
- The housing contract, required for on-campus living, opens in December. You will complete this contract using the Housing and Dining Services Resident Portal.
- While there are no specific deadlines, contract completion (a first-come, first-served basis) will determine room availability.
Visit the Housing and Dining Services website to get started!
Orientation and Enrollment for admitted students
Watch your email for updates on when your Orientation and Enrollment registration opportunities will open!
- Transfer students may choose from dates in April, June or August.
- New freshman students may attend in June or August. New freshmen may also sign up for Wildcat Warm-up, a three-day stay on campus.