New Students

We are happy to meet with students at any point during this process. The first step in the accommodation process is to register with the office. If you have documentation to submit, you will be able to do so when you register. Once you are registered and we have supporting documentation, an access advisor will contact you via email to set up an intake appointment. During the appointment, you and the access advisor will discuss appropriate accommodations, the process of requesting letters of accommodations, how to schedule exams (for those with exam accommodations) through the online system, and other campus resources.

Register with the Student Access Center


Students requesting accommodations and services may be required to provide disability documentation.

Personal disability information is not denoted on academic transcripts and should not be shared with others without the student’s permission. There are limited circumstances when information may be shared on a need-to-know basis.

These guidelines are for Kansas State University. Documentation policies of other institutions or agencies may be different.

Parent Information

Just as students are transitioning from high school to college, parents too are transitioning from being directly involved in a child's education to a supportive role. This transition can be a learning process both for the student and the parent.


All K-State students (incoming or current) with documented disabilities are encouraged to apply for Student Access Center (SAC) scholarships. Educational Opportunity Funds and private scholarship funds support scholarships available through SAC. Read more.